Location: Based anywhere in England, but must be willing to travel within the UK & Internationally
My client is a global manufacturer of optical analysis equipment. They have pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications.
Their equipment enables the world’s leading scientists to continue to innovate and find solutions to sometimes everyday problems.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first class service and calibration support to my client’s customers across the globe.
The role will include travel across the EMEA region and will involve up to 5 nights away from home per month.
Other duties will include:-
- Calibrating, servicing and maintaining a range of laboratory equipment.
- Providing effective on site customer support including product/system installation and commissioning.
- Understanding product applications so that suitable alternatives can be recommended during equipment downtime.
- Providing site based and remote maintenance (preventative and reactive), fault finding and diagnostic support.
- Providing post-sales support and training to customers on my client’s products, systems and their correct use.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
- Reading and interpreting schematics and electrical diagrams down to component level.
- Attending and assisting my client at exhibitions and technical workshops.
The ideal candidate will have gained a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Service Engineering / Lab Technician role and will have some hands on experience using, maintaining or installing either SEM or TEM systems gained through industry or education.
A knowledge of charge coupled detectors, optics, electronics, optoelectronics and software based equipment and systems is essential, as is an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
A degree or higher within a Life Science, Engineering, Electronics or Physics discipline is essential.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and confident communicator.
- Full UK driving Licence
- Willingness to travel internationally and spend nights away from home.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.