Location: Based in the North West, Yorkshire or Midlands
£35K – £45K Basic + Overtime (Paid at 1.5x) + Company Car + Pension (rising with service up to 12%) + Healthcare + 4x Life Assurance + 23 Days + Bank Holidays + Benefits
(Starting Salary dependent on experience)
My client is one of the most successful manufacturers in the world with proven success developing technically advance and revolutionary Electron Microscopes and associated products.
They have recently gone through an exciting transformation period and over the past few years have positioned themselves to capitalise on a thriving UK R&D market.
As a result of this continued growth they now wish to recruit a Senior Service Engineer to join their team.
The role will report directly to the Service Manager and be responsible for providing hands on expertise and technical support across my clients’ high performance electron microscope range.
This position will require the successful candidate to travel throughout their assigned region and support in other areas if needed. You will expect to spend approximately 4-5 nights away from home per month.
The Senior Service Engineer will be responsible for:-
- Providing effective on site customer support including system installation, commissioning and de-commissioning.
- Providing site based fault finding, repair, calibration, servicing and basic operator training support.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within scanning and transmission electron microscopes (SEM & TEM).
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
The successful candidate will possess a competent understanding of either Transmission or Scanning Electron Microscopes, this will ideally be gained as a Service Engineer in the industry.
My client is willing to consider candidates who have gained extensive experience using SEM or TEM’s in a lab environment should they have the desire to move in to a Field Service Engineer role.
Other key skills:
- Ability to take responsibility of the complete installation, commissioning & decommissioning of high specification instrumentation.
- Ability to train users on its basic operation. (new installs)
- A great communicator with an approachable personality
- Willingness to travel
Keywords: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Service Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Electron Microscope, Transmission Electron Microscopes, Scanning Electron Microscopes, Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope, Scanning Probe Microscope, Atomic Force Microscope, Cryo-STEM, SEM, TEM, STEM, SPM, AFMApply