Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30K – £55K (Dependent upon experience) + 25 Days Holiday + Flexible Working
Our client is an exciting start-up business who have developed a ground-breaking new separation technology in the production of an innovative biological alternative to a specific speciality chemical. As a result, they are now looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer to drive the growth of the business forward by scaling their current lab-based model to a plant-based separation vessel.
This company are leading the way in pioneering this exciting green technology research, with this role enabling you to join at a pivotal time and have a real input into the business’ future direction.
As a Senior Process Engineer, you will be based at their Manchester site and be responsible for:
- Creating a design specification for the plant-based separation vessel
- Investigating feasibility of a variety of production equipment including pumps, valves, vessels and pipes
- Providing expertise on component suitability considering parameters such as flow rate and product viscosity
- Scaling up the lab-based process from 5L to approx. 200,000L
- Designing layout of production facility investigating efficiencies and material flow
- Installing and troubleshooting the large-scale separation vessel and its associated components
- Writing procedures and protocols and training Production Operators on plant-based production processes
The ideal candidate will be degree-level qualified in Biological/Chemical Engineering or a closely related subject.
Experience within a biological, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility with significant exposure to scaling up processes from lab scale to plant scale is essential.
You will need to demonstrate a sound understanding of a variety of production equipment (including pumps, valves, vessels and pipes) and their related properties and uses.
Keywords: Process Engineer, Process Technologist, Manufacturing, Biotechnology Manufacturing, Chemical Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Pumps, Valves, Vessels, Pipes, Green Chemistry, Separation Technology, Material Flow.Apply