Location: Guildford, Surrey
£28K – £40K Basic + 22 Days Holiday + Private Healthcare + Flexitime
Our client is a well-established specialist chemical manufacturing business based in Guildford. This ISO accredited organisation are now looking to add a Senior Formulation Chemist to their team, a great role for somebody keen to really progress and develop their career.
With various fantastic perks such as a breakout area including a pool table and ping pong table, flexitime options and an incredible 70% discount on any of their products, this business genuinely place a huge importance on employee wellbeing.
Manufacturing a variety of products that are used by millions of people worldwide, this very successful business is recruiting a Senior Formulation Chemist to develop current product ranges as well as being continually innovative by researching new trends in the market.
As a Senior Formulation Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of products
- Managing 2 Junior Chemists – setting targets, carrying out appraisals and providing continuous training and development
- Carrying out stability testing
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, from formulation to performing relevant analytical testing to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Ensuring completion of various QA documentation including C of As
- Contacting suppliers to procure raw materials
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Liaising with multiple departments in the company including Production, Marketing, Sales etc
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience as a Development Chemist.
Experience formulating liquids or creams is essential, ideally in the personal care or cosmetic sectors but candidates from food & beverage, household, car care or the paint industries will also be considered.
You must have experience managing or mentoring junior members of staff, with demonstrable aptitude to lead and motivate a team.
Keywords: Liquids, Creams, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Skincare, Hair Care, Skin Care, Household Cleaners, Soap, Car Shampoo, Car Care, Paint, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up.Apply