£40K – £55K Basic + Bonus + 5% Pension + 26 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is an award winning Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a well-established business and have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail and Transportation.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position will offer a variety of work within the Civil / Structural industry with an initial focus on Temporary Works within the Rail and Nuclear sectors. It will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once a month).
Other duties will include: –
- Designing a variety of civil / structural schemes
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Robot
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and prepare reports
- Take the lead on projects and conduct design reviews and checks
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians offering support and mentorship to junior staff members
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
- Mentoring others to aid the growth & development of the design department
The successful candidate will have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering and will have proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered or working towards chartership
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator with a client facing approach
- Site survey experience
- Familiar with UK industry rail procedures, eurocodes and highway standards
- Willingness to support other team members
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence and own transport
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Rail, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Bridges, Nuclear, Site Surveys, Inspections