Job Ref: 113-8664
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
£40K – £50K Basic + Pension + Holidays (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Company bonus (based on company performance) + Benefits
My client is a market leading provider of electrical engineering technology used across a diverse range of commercial and industrial facilities.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within the electrical design team and reports into the Technical Manager. It is a key appointment where you will be involved in supporting the design team in generating complex designs of both bespoke and modular products within the power distribution industry. The products are used on multiple projects including Data Centre’s, Commercial and Industrial.
Other duties will include:
- View and check existing designs and drawings to ensure they meet the clients brief and expectations
- Produce technical reports and drawing analysis
- Create electrical designs of products used for mission critical, live power environments
- Complete design calculations using Microsoft Excel
- Assist design team with product compliance to the relevant EN / IEC standards
- Complete some basic controller programming using zelio software or similar
- Coordinating design with other services
- Collaborating with production to ensure products are manufactured to design specifications
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team
The successful candidate will have a passion for Electrical Design Engineering and Design for Manufacture. You will have a logical, analytical mindset and be innovative offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing Electrical products for production using AutoCAD
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar is a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of PLC’s, panels and / or switchgear
- Demonstrable experience in creating and understanding electrical schematics
- Experience in liaising with production teams and other engineering design teams
- Have a general understanding of Mechanical Engineering in order to help coordinate with other services
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Electrical Design, Electrical Design Engineering, AutoCAD, Design for Manufacture, DFMA, Design, LV, Low voltage, HV, High voltage, Schematics, Power distribution, PCB’s, 3D Design, Product Design, Sheet Metal, Electrical Interaction, Transformers, Zelio, PLC, Switchgear, control systems, control panels