Location: Preston, Lancashire
£35K – £45K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + 25 Days Holiday + Pension
Our client is a well-established specialist cosmetic manufacturing business based in Preston, who are now looking to add a Senior Development Chemist to their team; an incredibly exciting, broad role enabling somebody to both be hands-on and supervising a small team of Chemists.
They develop bespoke solutions across a wide range of products including skincare, haircare, bath/shower and household to name but a few. You would be joining a very stable company, part of a very successful group, in a role where you can really make an impact.
As a Senior Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of products including emulsions, liquids and sprays
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Driving forward multiple projects simultaneously
- Owning responsibility for whole project from receiving the customer brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Managing a small team of 2 Development Chemists, providing guidance and ongoing support
- Delegating projects to Development Chemists and keeping abreast of their project timelines and progress
- Constantly looking to enhance skills of the team in the laboratory
- Liaising with the commercial team to receive the customer brief
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Regular interaction with multiple departments in the company including Production and Commercial.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience as a Development Chemist in a cosmetic company.
Experience formulating liquids and creams (in either haircare or skincare) is essential, with previous line management experience being highly desirable.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and show a real aptitude to manage not only your own projects but also those of the Development Chemists. The ability to guide, mentor and inspire your team is crucial.
Keywords: Liquids, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Hair Care, Skincare, Skin Care, Household, Sprays, Emulsions, Liquids, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up, Claim Substantiation.