Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£38K – £45K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Flexible Working + Bonus
Our client is a well-established specialist chemical manufacturing business based in Suffolk with a very low staff turnover. This growing organisation are now looking to add a Senior Development Chemist to their team, an incredibly exciting, broad role enabling somebody to take full control of their projects and work across R&D, Regulatory Affairs and Manufacturing!
You would be a pivotal part of this organisation that manufacture many market-leading brands, who place a real emphasis on investing into the development of their staff.
Working in a small team, as the Senior Development Chemist you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of chemical products
- Managing a junior member of staff, taking ownership of their development and training
- Leading scale-up projects from the lab into production
- Providing technical guidance to the Production department e.g. for OOS results
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of products, working to REACH and CLP regulations
- Managing the on-site HACCP programme
- Being a subject matter expert and a point of contact for suppliers and customers
- Working closely with the Technical Head to support product development
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience in a Chemical R&D environment.
Experience working with detergents would be highly desirable, as would familiarity with REACH, CLP and GHS.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and show a real aptitude to work across multiple areas in a chemical company. The ability to guide, mentor and inspire your team is crucial.
Keywords: Detergents, Household, Cleaning Products, Chemist, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, HACCP, Chemicals, GHS, REACH, CLP, MSDS, New Product Development, NPD, Scale Up.Apply