Location: West Yorkshire – commutable from Halifax, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Leeds, Rochdale and surrounding areas
Our client is a well-established specialist cosmetic, medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing business based in Halifax. This GMP accredited organisation are now looking to add a Senior Development Chemist to their team, an incredibly exciting, broad role enabling somebody to both be hands-on and supervising a small team of Chemists.
With an incredibly broad product range that is only continuing to expand, you would be joining the business at an exciting time with significant growth plans, enabling somebody to grow in the business and even move onto the management board long-term.
As a Senior Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of specialist cosmetic, medical device and pharmaceutical products
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Managing a small team of 3 Development Chemists, providing guidance and ongoing support
- Delegating projects to Development Chemists and keeping abreast of their project timelines and progress
- Completing scale up trials
- Constantly looking to enhance skills of the team in the laboratory
- Working closely with the Marketing team to understand product technical specifications
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience as a Development Chemist in a cosmetic company.
Experience formulating liquids and creams would be highly desirable, as would line management experience.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and show a real aptitude to manage not only your own projects but also those of the Development Chemists. The ability to guide, mentor and inspire your team is crucial.
Keywords: Liquids, Creams, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Med Device, Medical Device, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up.