Job Ref: 104-0757
£35K – £45K Basic + Bonus + 5% Pension + 26 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is an award winning Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a well-established business and have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Industrial and Transportation.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position will offer a variety of work within the civil/structural design process with an initial focus on Bridges and Temporary Works within the Rail industry.
Other duties will include:
- Use of MicroStation 2D/3D and AutoCAD to create drawings and models for a variety of civil/structural projects
- Produce drawings and models of common materials including reinforced concrete and steel
- Organise and document all design related files using ProjectWise
- Work in accordance to BIM level 2
- Take the lead on projects and conduct design reviews
- Liaise with Engineers, Contractors and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
- Mentoring others to aid the growth & development of the design department
The successful candidate will have a passion for Digital Engineering, BIM standards and processes, and be proficient in the use of MicroStation, AutoCAD and ProjectWise. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on Building Structures within the Rail industry
- Proven ability to use MircoStation, AutoCAD and ProjectWise
- Experience in working on Network Rail schemes
- Experience working with materials such as reinforced concrete and steel
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Site survey experience (beneficial not essential)
- Willingness to support other team members
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: MicroStation, Rail, CAD Technician, CAD, Structural Engineering, Civil Technician, Structural, Structures, Civil, BIM, Design Technician, CAD, Building Information Modelling, Steel, Reinforced Concrete, Transportation, 3D Design, ProjectWise, BridgesApply