Location: Thetford, Norfolk
£32 – £42K + Share Incentive Scheme + Life Assurance + 22 Days Holiday + Flexible Working Options
Our client is a well-established chemical manufacturer based in Thetford. This ISO and GLP accredited organisation are looking to recruit a Senior Analytical Specialist. This exciting role offers a unique opportunity to oversee all the analytical areas of the lab, and the associated instrumentation, without having any direct line management responsibility.
This global company have a real focus on staff wellbeing, demonstrated by them winning an award for their incredibly high levels of employee engagement! Due to the business manufacturing chemicals for a wide range of industries, this role is incredibly varied and would give you exposure to a myriad of analytical methods.
As a Senior Analytical Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a multitude of instrumentation in the lab including GC, GC-MS, LC, IR and spectrophotometers
- Advanced preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Training and developing Analysts in analysis and equipment troubleshooting
- Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
- Method optimisation and validation for new and existing methods
- Troubleshooting of chromatograms (split peaks, missing peaks, ghost peaks etc)
- Providing technical expertise to senior management.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience with GC, GC-MS and/or LC-MS.
You will need to have experience in method development, optimisation and validation; with prior supervisory experience being a bonus.
You must be organised to manage multiple members of staff, with the desire and motivation to develop the careers of those working in your team.
Keywords: GLP, Good Laboratory Practice, LC, Liquid Chromatography, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, ISO17025, ISO9001, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting, Team Leader, Senior Analyst.Apply