Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
£30 – £38K + Share Incentive Scheme + Life Assurance + 24 Days Holiday
Our client is a well-established environmental testing business based in Hitchin. This ISO17025 accredited organisation are now looking to add a Senior Analytical Chemist to their team, a great role for somebody keen to utilise their knowledge with LC-MS in a business where career progression is genuinely encouraged.
This global company have a real focus on staff development with the implementation of career development plans, striving to ensure that you reach your full potential. Due to the business having an established presence across a wide range of sectors, this role is incredibly varied and would give you exposure to a myriad of analytical methods.
As a Senior Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Performing complex analysis methods using LC-MS (/MS)
- Using other analytical instrumentation including HPLC-UV
- Managing a team of between 6-8 Analysts and Technicians
- Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
- Method optimisation and validation for new and existing methods
- Advanced preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Providing technical expertise to senior management.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience with LC-MS.
You will need to have experience in method development, optimisation and validation; with prior supervisory experience being a bonus.
You must be organised to manage multiple members of staff, with the desire and motivation to develop the careers of those working in your team.
Keywords: LC, Liquid Chromatography, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, ISO17025, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting, Team Leader, Senior Analyst.Apply