Are you a talented sales professional with a passion and interest in sensor technology?
Ready for a new challenge? This specialist high-precision sensor manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded territory sales manager to help develop and manage project-based OEM sales within Europe.
Why This Company?
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of measurement technology and sensors for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of bespoke solutions to meet the high demands of industry. They pride themselves on being the premier brand within their market and have built a strong reputation for their innovative and dynamic approach.
They now seek a Sales Manager (based anywhere in the UK) to cover OEM business within the UK and Europe.
About The Role
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for:
- Operating from a home office with international travel within Northern Europe (Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Norway, Finland etc.)
- Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
- Developing “design in” solutions for OEM’s operating within a variety of markets.
- Ensuring the sales budget is achieved.
- Managing and developing a multimillion-pound territory.
- Working towards a 5-year sales growth objective.
- Prospecting new OEM’s (40%) and developing and nurturing existing OEM relationships (60%).
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Engineering Managers, Project Engineers and Procurement.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base.
- Understanding customer needs and providing bespoke solutions.
- Overseeing the complete project from concept to production, including identifying and qualifying specific applications, collecting client requirements, proposing a suitable solution, gaining customer approval, prototype evaluation, pre-scale production through to full production.
- Leading new development projects by becoming the liaison between my client’s technical engineering / R&D function and the OEM client.
- Negotiating contracts and securing OEM business.
- Working with the customer and production to organise and run prototype testing.
You will ideally have 3+ years’ experience selling standard and bespoke “design in” sensors and measurement solutions to OEM’s.
A HND or Degree within a technical discipline would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
All candidates must possess a mix of technical and commercial skills and be comfortable liaising with engineers.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Able to operate autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 131-9095
Sales Manager – Sensors
Location: Based anywhere in the UK
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, OEM Sales, Regional Sales, European Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Territory Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Area Sales Manager, Sensors, Distribution Sales, Mechanical Sensors, Sensing, Measurement, Accelerometers, Shock, Vibration, Displacement, Position, Pressure, Load, Temperature, Torque, Force Measurement, Force Sensors