Are you a highly motivated Sales Engineer with a passion for Test & Measurement?
Enthusiastic about electronic products? This specialist supplier is searching for a talented Sales Engineer to help maintain and enhance their market-leading reputation.
Why This Company?
One of the UK’s leading suppliers of Test & Measurement instruments, this company has a great reputation in the field and works alongside some of the world’s largest end-users.
This a brilliant opportunity to work for an industry innovator that has continually expanded its product range to provide high-specification equipment that meets the demands of the industry.
Rewards & Benefits
- £30K – £40K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Quarterly Commission (£10K pa)
- Company Car / £6k Car Allowance
- Pension Contributions
- 5 Days Holiday + Christmas Shutdown + Public Holidays
- Early finish Friday (12 pm)
About The Role
As the Sales Engineer for the Eastern region, you will be operating from home with regular travel to meet customers from East Yorkshire to the South coast.
Pre-pandemic the role was typically 3 days out with customers and 2 days from home per week. At present, the sales team are typically with customer 3-5 days per month, with most meetings done virtually. This may change dependent on clients/market demands.
You will manage and upsell to existing clients (60%) whilst also developing new business (40%) within the region. You will be responsible for:
- Selling a wide range of Test & Measurement equipment to end users across a variety of industries such as Avionics, Defence and Electric Vehicles to name a few.
- Developing relationships with Engineers, Engineering Managers & Buyers.
- Responsible for a seven-figure area turnover.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Reporting on activity & attending virtual sales meetings.
Full product training is provided, including the opportunity to work alongside the Sales Director until you are fully operational.
You could be from within one of the following areas:
- A Sales Engineer / Technical Sales professional with a sound understanding of electronic test/measurement equipment and instruments. This could include oscilloscopes, multimeters, force measurement, power analysers, PAT testers to name a few.
- An Electronics Engineer who has worked in the automotive, aviation or defence markets, who wishes to gain the support and training needed to make the transition into a technical sales role.
An Engineering degree, HNC, HND or equivalent qualification in electronic engineering is desirable, however, you won’t be discounted if you have enough industry experience.
Our client is looking for an individual who wishes to take the next step in their career. To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious and energetic individual who is motivated to achieve the best results.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM
- Eagerness to learn new technology.
- Be well-presented and confident with good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to build trusting relationships with Engineers, Managers & Buyers
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 139-0050
Sales Engineer – Test & Measurement
Location: Home Based covering the East of the UK – East Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, South London, Kent, East & West Sussex and Hampshire
Keywords; Sales Engineer, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Business Development, Territory Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales, Electronic Engineering, Electronic, Electronic Equipment, Test & Measurement, Test and Measurement, Electronics Engineer, Electronics Technician, Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Force Measurement, Power analysers, PAT TestersApply