Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
£25K – £35K Basic + Share Options + Fantastic Benefits Package
Our client is a globally known chemical business with manufacturing sites across the UK and Europe. They are an organisation who pride themselves on employee wellbeing with an incredible benefits package which rivals any other package out there! Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an excellent customer base and have an enviable reputation for performance and chemical advancements.
This organisation have a very strong presence in sustainability and as such are carrying out market-leading research into technology to produce an innovative biological alternative to a specific speciality chemical. As a result, they are now looking to recruit a Research Scientist to drive this fascinating research forward. They are leading the way in pioneering this exciting green technology research, with this role enabling you to join at a pivotal time and have a real input into the business’ future direction.
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for: –
- Running microbial fermentation processes in the lab using 100ml flasks up to 5L bioreactors
- Investigating different process parameters such as media, microorganisms, agitation, temperature etc
- Developing and scaling up microbial fermentation processes
- Supervising plant trials, converting processes from lab-scale to plant-scale.
- Working closely with Process Development Scientists to optimise scale up process
- Liaising with various other departments of the business including Sales and Marketing
- Working with small SMEs to share process expertise
The ideal candidate will be PhD qualified in Synthetic Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering or a closely related discipline.
You will need to have experience with a variety of DNA manipulation techniques including PCR, CRISPR, transfection and transformation etc.
You must be a self-starter with the ability to critically dissect a problem, investigate the potential causes and propose innovative solutions.
Keywords: DNA Transformation, DNA Transfection, PCR, Polymerase Chain Reaction, CRISPR, Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Genetic Engineering, DNA Engineering, DNA Purification, Research Scientist, Process Optimisation, Scale up, Yield Optimisation, Chemical Plant, Lab-Scale, Plant-Scale.Apply