Chemical Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
£45K – £55K Basic + 25 Days Holiday + Up to 10% Pension + Private Medical Insurance + Flexible Working
Our client is a market-leading speciality chemical business with sites all over the world. They are an organisation who prides themselves on employee career progression, coupled with an incredible benefits package which rivals any other package out there! Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an excellent customer base comprising of some of the most successful brands in the world and have an enviable reputation for performance, innovation and sustainability.
As a Chemical Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be based at their Oxfordshire site and be responsible for:
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of new products being developed by R&D
- Controlling regulatory compliance of existing products across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Becoming a subject matter expert in chemical legislations (EU REACH, CLP and GHS)
- Creating new and amending existing Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in line with EU REACH, CLP and GHS regulations
- Authoring extended SDS including exposure scenarios
- Performing data maintenance on SAP EHS – ensuring the data supports the chemical classifications
- Testing any updates to SAP EHS
- Keeping abreast of any changes to chemical legislations in the EMEA region
- Liaising with a multitude of departments within the business including Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and R&D.
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in a regulatory affairs or product safety / product stewardship role in a chemical company; and therefore possess extensive knowledge of EU REACH, CLP and GHS regulations.
Experience with Safety Data Sheets (SDS) is essential – ideally more specifically previous experience with extended-SDS authorship and exposure scenarios.
You will be degree-level qualified (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Keywords: REACH, CLP, GHS, SDS, MSDS, safety data sheet, exposure scenarios, regulatory affairs, product safety, chemical regulatory affairs, regulatory affairs advisor, product stewardship, chemicals, SAP EHS.Apply