Job Ref: 118-2633
Location: Remote, can be based anywhere in England
(Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Newcastle, Bristol, London)
£35K – £45K Basic + Bonus + Car allowance + Pension + Healthcare + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile and controlled environments. They provide all services from the wall and ceiling panels to the ventilation and lighting systems used within the buildings. The company offer purpose built and modular solutions and are recognised as the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Engineering sectors.
This opportunity will allow you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award-winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
My client is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to support the current Commercial Manager and Head of Projects, working alongside the current bid team. You will be responsible for managing the financial, risk/change management and contractual aspects of a variety of design and build construction projects.
The role will involve occasional travel to customer sites across the UK.
Other duties will include:
- Manage commercial aspects of projects such as forecasting, budget management, risk management and change management.
- Manage and administer design and build projects in a variety of contract forms such as NEC, JCT, FIDIC or IChemE.
- Prepare internal and external commercial reports.
- Support Project Managers by offering commercial advice, preparing contractual claims and resolving contractual issues.
- Drive continuous improvement of the commercial side of the business.
- Assist in the development of a new commercial department within major projects.
- Maintain auditable records in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Visit customer sites when required, typically for performance monitoring or change management purposes.
- Use of Microsoft Office to complete administrative tasks.
The successful candidate MUST have proven experience in a Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management role within the Construction industry. You will ideally have a qualification in a relevant commercial discipline and have ambition to develop professionally.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Quantity Surveying role within the Construction industry.
- Experience in handling NEC, JCT, FIDIC or IChemE contracts.
- Experience in Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR / CFR).
- High level of organisation, time and task management.
- Experience in monitoring cost variations and advising Project Managers in contractual, value, cost, risk, opportunity and contract time observations.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Experience in, or willingness to be involved in the development of a commercial department.
- Proficient user of Excel and full office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong communication skills.
Keywords: QS, Quantity Surveyor, Senior, Engineering, Construction, Sterile Environments, Controlled Environments, Electrical Engineering, Cleanrooms, HVAC, Excel, NEC, JTC, FIDIC, ICHEME, CVR, CFR, RICS, Commercial, Bid, Costing, Contracts, Budget Management, Risk Management, Contract Reviews, Cost summaries, Remote, Major Projects, ModularApply