Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
£20K – £25K (dependent upon experience) + Employee Perks + Pension
Our client is a leading contract testing organisation based in Cambridge, who carry out trace level analysis for over 900 compounds in a wide range of matrices.
This organisation is now looking to add a QC Analyst to their team, a great role enabling somebody to develop a real in-depth knowledge of GC-MS/MS.
There are clear, defined progression paths for Analysts in this company with opportunities to move into Senior Analyst roles in the future.
As a QC Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Performing quality control testing of a variety of samples, using GC-MS/MS
- Troubleshooting the GC-MS/MS instrumentation for leaks, blockages etc
- Interpreting chromatograms to identify any issues, and ascertaining where the error lies to remedy the issue
- Carrying out regular preventative maintenance of your GC-MS/MS instrument, including changing/trimming columns and cleaning the MS detector
- Investigation of any Out of Spec/Out of Trend (OOS/OOT) results
- Ensuring that strict ISO17025 compliance is adhered to in the laboratory
- Uploading QC test results onto the LIMS system.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven analytical experience in a regulated laboratory.
You must be confident in troubleshooting issues and carrying out preventative maintenance of GC-MS/MS instrumentation.
You must be self-motivated and highly organised to manage your workload in a fast-paced organisation.
Keywords: GC-MS, LC-MS, GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, Instrument Troubleshooting, Chromatogram Analysis, Preventative Maintenance, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, QC Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Laboratory Analyst, Lab Analyst, ISO17025, SOPs, OOS, OOT, Out of Spec, Out of Trend.Apply