Location: Canterbury, Kent
£25K – £30K (dependent upon experience) + Share Incentives + Employee Perks + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company based in Canterbury, who develop and manufacture Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
This organisation is now looking to add a QC Analyst to their team, a great role enabling somebody to support both the R&D and Manufacturing functions; whilst continuing and developing their experience with a range of analytical instrumentation.
There are clear, defined progression paths for Analysts in this company with opportunities to move into Senior Analyst roles or even into management within the business. They have experienced significant growth over the last few years and, as such, are looking to expand their current QC team.
As a QC Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Performing quality control testing of a variety of raw materials, chemical intermediates and finished products
- Using a wide range of testing techniques including HPLC, GC-MS, UPLC, NMR and wet chemistry
- Development of new methods and optimisation of existing methods
- Changing columns or troubleshooting the HPLC instrumentation to clear blockages etc
- Interpreting HPLC spectra to identify any issues, and ascertaining where the error lies to remedy the issue
- Investigation of any Out of Spec/Out of Trend (OOS/OOT) results
- Ensuring that strict cGMP compliance is adhered to in the laboratory
- Completing analytical reports and other subsequent documentation.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven analytical experience in a cGMP regulated environment.
You must be confident in method development/optimisation and troubleshooting issues with HPLC instrumentation.
You must be self-motivated and highly organised to manage multiple projects, with a keen desire to obtain a role in a leading specialist pharmaceutical company.
Keywords: API, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Raw Materials, Chemical Intermediates, Finished Products, UPLC, HPLC, GC-MS, HPLC Troubleshooting, Spectra Analysis, GMP, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, QC Chemist, Pharmaceuticals, SOPs, OOS, OOT, Out of Spec, Out of Trend.Apply