Location: King’s Lynn, Norfolk
£30K – £40K Basic + Holidays + Enhanced Pension + Career Progression + Benefits
My client is a market leading engineering business, who provide a full range of engineering services including design, manufacture, fabrication and installation within a number of industries. The company have been established for over 25 years and now work with a some of the most well-known brands across the UK.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are in a continued period of growth and invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is a newly created position, that will be reporting directly into the senior management team. The role would include setting up, adapting and managing the purchasing/procurement processes. There is opportunity for personal development and career progression as you will have the opportunity to lead and grow the division.
Duties will include:
- Running of the Purchasing, Quality & Goods-in Departments.
- Sourcing components for the workshop and site teams, whilst negotiating prices with new and existing suppliers.
- Liaising with site managers to confirm/monitor delivery to customer sites.
- Tracking/Rushing orders and managing stock levels.
- Completing documentation for suppliers and processing PO numbers efficiently.
- Chase/follow up any outstanding purchase orders.
- Keep well informed of opportunities to work with new suppliers.
- Sustain & build professional relationships with key suppliers.
- Finding new supplier accounts and confirm T&C’s, including payment terms.
- Communicate with suppliers to confirm orders will arrive on time.
- Push cost reduction opportunities
- Responsibility to source all hired equipment and monitor using spreadsheets.
- Checking deliveries.
- Management of inventory.
The successful candidate will have solid experience in purchasing, within an engineering or construction environment. You will be results driven, a self-starter, with great attention to detail and strong negotiations skills.
Other key skills include:
- 3+ years in a similar position.
- Proficient is the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to drive cost down.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as an individual.
- Ability work under pressure to complete and prioritise workload.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges.
- Determined, motivated and ambitious attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work to a strict time scale and be decisive.
- UK driving licence, own vehicle.
- Experience using ERP Software would be beneficial, but not essential.
Keywords: Procurement, Purchasing, Purchase, Purchaser, Buyer, Buying, Buy, Excel, Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction, Engineer, Manufacture, Documentation, Industrial, Supply, Supplier, Deliveries, Deliver, ENAPPS, Negotiation, Negotiate, Negotiating,Apply