Job Ref: 112-9819
Location: Remote based – Southern UK
(Birmingham south – candidates can be based anywhere within this area, but ideally central to patch)
£40K – £50K Basic + Car / Allowance + Bonus + Enhanced Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Healthcare + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile and controlled environments. They are now the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries across the globe.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Subsea sectors.
My client is currently in a period of steady growth and this is an opportunity for you to develop and progress professionally with a hugely successful, well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is a key appointment and will report directly into the Head of Projects. The position has been created due to multiple project wins. You will be responsible for managing projects through the full life cycle, from design to installation and handover. You will be involved in all aspects of the projects with a focus on the HVAC services. You will take the lead on design reviews and technical assurance to ensure client briefs are met in a timely manner.
The role will involve travel to sites across the UK, (roughly 50% of the time).
Other duties will include: –
- Take the lead on delivery of projects once awarded from sales team
- Work closely with Engineering, Design and Installation teams
- Use knowledge and experience within the HVAC industry to drive forward the HVAC offering
- Ability to view and check designs and models ahead of install
- Manage multiple projects at any one time
- Liaise with planning department to plan labour for projects
- Work closely with the Business Development team to offer technical advice on areas such as humidity control and HVAC complexity
- Be innovative and offer solutions and ideas, help to develop new and existing solutions to ensure the business continues to offer the best products and solutions to their customers
- Support the estimating and bid teams with bid and quote creations and submissions
- Attend and schedule regular phase reviews, particularly on larger projects, to assess customer needs and amend solutions as required
The successful candidate will have a solid background in Project Management and a proven track record of delivering complex projects up to the value of £2 million. You will be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum of 5 years working in a similar role
- Experience in working in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or controlled/sterile environments sector (desirable)
- Possess an APM recognised qualification
- Have sound knowledge of HVAC systems with a focus on air quality and humidity control
- Familiar with JTC or NEC (desirable)
- Familiar with PMO processes
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit (desirable)
- Extensive experience in managing and checking the designs and models of HVAC systems
- Experience in general building systems and integration with services
- Familiar with sterile/controlled environment standards ISO 14644 (desirable)
- Knowledge of GMP Annex 1 Grade A – D environments (desirable)
- Committed to self-development and desire to progress through your career
- Willingness to share knowledge and ideas
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Project Manager, Project Management, Building Services, Design, Revit, MEP, HVAC, Revit MEP, Installation, CAD, Air Quality Control, CIBSE, ISPE, BIM, Building Services Design, Design, Building Services, Coordination, Building Information Modelling, 3D Design, Air Handling Units, Humidity Control, Building Systems, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Cleanrooms, Clean rooms, Sterile environments, Contamination control