Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Hours: Mon – Fri (9:00am – 5:00pm)
Our client is a globally known chemical business with manufacturing sites across the UK and Europe. They are an organisation who pride themselves on employee wellbeing with an incredible benefits package which rivals any other package out there! Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an excellent customer base and have an enviable reputation for performance and chemical advancements.
As a Process Development Scientist, you will work in team of five and be responsible for:
- Optimising existing chemical processes.
- Synthesising and analysing speciality chemical compounds in the laboratory.
- Supervising plant trials, converting processes from lab-scale to plant-scale.
- Liaising with suppliers/purchasing to obtain raw materials.
- Liaising with engineering, finance, sales and regulatory to understand any limitations of the processes/products.
- Investigating issues on the plant – e.g. scale up issues, yield/cost issues etc.
- Evaluating a new raw material – is it suitable for use in their products?
- Writing reports outlining results of plant trials, feasibility studies etc.
The ideal candidate will be degree-level qualified in a scientific subject (ideally Chemistry or Biochemistry) and possess an understanding of speciality chemicals and their related properties.
Experience within a chemical/biochemical laboratory or manufacturing plant would be highly desirable, as would familiarity with process development and scale up.
You must be a self-starter with the ability to critically dissect a problem, investigate the potential causes and propose innovative solutions.
Keywords: Process Development, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, HPLC, GC, Manufacturing, Raw Materials, Speciality Chemicals, Process Optimisation, Scale up, Yield Optimisation, Chemical Plant, Lab-Scale, Plant-Scale.