Location: St Helens, Merseyside
£18.5K – £20K Basic + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Our client is a well-established specialist chemical manufacturing business based in Merseyside. This ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited organisation are now looking to add a Process Development Chemist to their team, a great role for somebody looking to further their experience and interest in organic synthetic chemistry.
Manufacturing chemicals that are supplied into a wide range of industries, this company pride themselves on internal progression opportunities – both progressing upwards and into other laboratories within the business.
As a Process Development Chemist, you will be based at their Merseyside site and be responsible for:
- Optimising existing chemical processes.
- Synthesising and analysing speciality chemical compounds in the laboratory.
- Supervising plant trials, converting processes from lab-scale to plant-scale
- Using a wide range of analytical instrumentation including GC, HPLC, UV-Vis and IR
- Performing a range of bench chemistry testing including auto-titrations and viscosity
- Liaising with other departments in the business for example Production and QC.
The ideal candidate will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject and possess an understanding and interest in synthetic organic chemistry.
Experience within a chemical laboratory or manufacturing plant would be highly desirable, as would familiarity with process development and scale up.
You must be a self-starter with the ability to critically dissect a problem, investigate the potential causes and propose innovative solutions.
Keywords: Process Development, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, HPLC, GC, Manufacturing, Raw Materials, Speciality Chemicals, Process Optimisation, Scale up, Yield Optimisation, Chemical Plant, Lab-Scale, Plant-Scale.Apply