Job Ref: 120-4226
£50K – £60K Basic + Pension + Flexible hours + Hybrid working options + 24 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a well-established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a hugely successful, growing business who have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Building Structures and Water.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins and repeat business. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position will offer a variety of work within the Civil / Structural industry with an initial focus on Structures and the associated civils within the Rail sector. Typical schemes include Stations, Bridges and Drainage. The role will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once a month).
Other duties will include:
- Designing a variety of civil/structural schemes
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Robot or Tedds
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and prepare reports
- Lead and manage projects from cradle to grave
- Manage and mentor a small team of Engineers
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources
- Show an interest in Business Development with a view to taking an active role in this in the future
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver assignments
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors, and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
The successful candidate will be Chartered with ICE or IStructE (or near chartered) and have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering. You will have demonstrable project lead experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior role
- Chartered or near chartered with ICE or IStructE
- Proven experience in managing technical, financial and contractual aspects of projects
- Proven technical knowledge and experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator with a client-facing approach
- Site survey experience
- Familiar with UK industry rail procedures and Eurocodes
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence and own transport
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Rail, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Bridges, Site Surveys, Inspections, Surveys, Inspections, Tedds, Superstress, Stations, Drainage, EarthworksApply