Location: Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire
£25K – £30K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Bonus + Pension
Our client is a well-established specialist polymer manufacturing business based in Bishop’s Stortford. You will find their products in a huge myriad of applications including automotive, rubber and paint manufacture to name but a few.
This ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited organisation are now looking to add a Polymer Chemist to their team, an incredibly exciting, broad role enabling somebody to take full control of a wide range of application projects.
As a Polymer Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Inserting the polymer into a wide range of base formulations and assessing performance in a number of areas
- Performing physical testing of the polymer – adhesion, shear, hardness, scratch resistance etc
- Providing reformulation expertise to Formulation Chemists
- Supporting technical requests
- Investigating new areas in which these polymers can be used
- Working closely with the Technical Specialist to support product development
- Interacting with multiple functions within the business.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience as a Formulation or Development Chemist.
Experience formulating polymers, paints or adhesives would be highly desirable, as would experience in a ISO regulated environment.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and show a real aptitude to work across multiple areas in a chemical company, with the drive and enthusiasm to learn new skills and products.
Keywords: Polymers, Paints, Adhesives, Polymer Chemist, Chemist, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Chemicals, Physical Testing, Adhesion Testing, Shear Testing, Hardness Testing, Scratch Resistance, Raw Materials.Apply