Location: Bath, Somerset
£25K – £35K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Pension + 25 Days Holiday
Our client is a well-established specialist personal care manufacturing business based in Bath, who is currently looking to recruit Development Chemists at all levels within the team.
With an incredibly wide range of products across bath and body, skincare and haircare to name but a few; you would be joining a company at a really exciting time as they have recently been acquired by a large, well-known organisation and, as such, have very ambitious growth plans.
As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of personal care products
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, from taking the customer brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Contacting suppliers to procure raw materials
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Liaising with multiple departments in the company including Quality, Packaging, Sales etc
- Attending external sales meetings with the Sales team as a technical point of contact.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience as a Development Chemist in a cosmetic company.
Experience formulating liquids and creams would be highly desirable, ideally in the skincare or haircare sectors.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and be comfortable communicating with all colleagues at all levels.
Keywords: Liquids, Creams, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Skincare, Hair Care, Skin Care, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up.Apply