Are you a highly motivated Sales Professional with a passion for Building Services?
Interested in Plumbing & HVAC systems? This specialist manufacturer is searching for a talented Sales Manager to target new and exciting opportunities available within Councils, Local Authorities, Housing Associations and the Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) industry.
Why This Company?
One of the world’s leading suppliers of Plumbing & HVAC systems, this company has a great reputation in the field and work alongside some of the UK’s biggest companies and authorities.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for a company that develop from within and provide fantastic opportunities to progress your career.
Rewards & Benefits
- £45K – £50K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Annual Bonus up to 25% (full bonus achieved last 3 years)
- Company Car / £7.2K Car Allowance
- Pension Contributions
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
About The Role
As Area Sales Manager, you will spend 4 days in the field, with 1 day per week from a home office.
Covering Northern England and Scotland, you will be responsible for:
- Targeting Councils, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, and the Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) industry, with a focus on generating new opportunities for the company.
- Sourcing and researching potential projects.
- Generating and improving relationships with Local Authorities & MMC building services contacts.
- Presenting and specifying company products and solutions.
- Being the focal contact for customers from first contact to final delivery, as well as possibly coordinating design and technical input from the relevant in-house departments.
- Developing key relationships with other members of the sales team.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Reporting on activity & attending virtual sales meetings.
Full product training is provided, including the opportunity to work alongside the Sales Director until you are fully operational.
It is essential that you have proven field sales and specification experience within the Building Services Industry (minimum 3+ years). It would also be advantageous if this experience is with Plumbing & HVAC systems.
If you already have pre-existing relationships with Building Service contacts within Local Authorities, you will have a formidable advantage,
Our client is looking for an individual who wishes to take the next step in their career. To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious, hardworking, and proactive individual who is motivated to achieve the best results, both individually and part of a collective sales team.
You could be from
- An external sales role selling plumbing, heating, HVAC or other building materials and solutions into Councils, Local Authorities, Housing Associations or MMC’s.
- If you have limited Local Authority experience but have sold plumbing, heating or HVAC products and solutions to M&E contractors, developers or house builders this will also be considered.
To be ideally located you will live around the M1/A1 corridors, providing access from Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, and Yorkshire, into the Northeast and Scotland.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM
- Experienced working on own initiative
- Be well presented, professional and confident with good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to build & maintain trusting relationships
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 127-3904
Area Sales Manager – Construction
Location: Home Based covering the North of the UK (Midlands into Scotland).
Keywords; Territory Sales, Regional Sales, Area Sales, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales Manager, Specification Sales, National Sales, Local Authority, Councils, Housing Association, MMC, HVAC, Ventilation, Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Pipe Systems, Building Materials, Building Supplies, Building ServicesApply