Location: Bury St Edmunds or surrounding
My client is a financially secure and highly successful business that invests in training, education and professional development.
As an industry leader they have become recognised for their high quality service and dedication to delivering to client’s needs.
They now wish to recruit a talented Network Engineer with the potential to develop long-term in to a Technical Project Manager within the business.
As an in house Network Engineer you will be responsible for:-
- Operating from my clients offices in Bury St Edmunds and providing support to all UK offices.
- Travelling to other site locations within the UK and on the rare occasion internationally when needed.
- Taking a lead hands on role and supporting on numerous Network projects from the installation of new switches to new cabinets.
- Operating in a 95% Network Engineering and 5% Windows Server Administration role.
- Carrying out 2nd and 3rd line support duties.
- Installation and configuration of server & comms racks, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switches (VLAN’s), UPS and local servers.
To be considered for this Network Engineer / IT Engineer opening, the successful candidate MUST possess a full UK driving license and a minimum of 3-5 years proven experience within Network Engineering.
My client is open minded on the technology you have used – Cisco, HP / Aruba ProCurve, Juniper etc, however it is essential candidates are comfortable with all areas of I.T Infrastructure but possess a focus on computer networks.
Any previous experience within I.T Project Management would be highly advantageous as would experience with HP Aruba Network technology or Fortinet / Fortigate Firewalls.
Keywords: Network Engineer, I.T Engineer, IT Engineer, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, Server Administration, Systems Engineer, Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, Juniper, HP, Aruba ProCurve, I.T Infrastructure, Firewall, TCP/IP Networking, I.T Project Manager, Aruba Airwave, Clearpass, Fortigate, Fortinet, I.T Support