£35K – £45K Basic + Pension + Benefits
My client is a market leading Designer and Manufacturer of special purpose parts within the automotive industry.
Having been established for over a century and being recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and manufacture, they have become a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within the design team where you will be involved in the design of bespoke and modular products within the automotive industry. The products are used on multiple machinery, both commercial and industrial.
Other duties will include: –
- Use of SolidWorks to design a range of products
- Complete FEA analysis
- Design and develop products to meet customer specifications
- Collaborating with the production team to ensure products are manufactured to design specifications
- Liaising and coordinating with clients and the other designers
The successful candidate will have a passion for Mechanical Design Engineering and Design for Manufacture. You will be proficient in the use of SolidWorks and be innovative offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar industry
- In depth knowledge and use of SolidWorks
- Understanding and appreciation of Finite Element Analysis
- Have previous knowledge and the ability to read schematics
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently but also with in a team
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Mechanical Design, Mechanical Design Engineering, SolidWorks, Design for Manufacture, DFMA, Design, 3D Design, Product Design, Sheet Metal, Automotive, Axles, Steer, Drive, Special Purpose Vehicles, Special Purpose Parts