Location: Commutable areas to my client’s office include, Leominster, Ludlow, Hereford, Bridgnorth, Kidderminster, Telford, Shrewsbury and surrounding
£33K – £40K Basic + Pension + Healthcare + Benefits
With solid engineering expertise and advanced manufacturing facilities, my client has become a market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist mechanical equipment to the UK and International market.
As a Design Engineer you will operate within a technical design function and report to the department manager where you will be responsible for:-
- Both new product design and the refinement and re-engineering of existing designs.
- Taking ownership of internal projects including the preparation and production of manufacturing designs and mechanical calculations.
- Reporting on the status of your projects on a weekly basis.
- The design specifications, supplier liaison and maintenance of purchased parts.
- Providing and supporting cost effective and fit for purpose product designs that meet customer and internal requirements.
- Bill Of Materials maintenance.
- Producing the content for the instruction manual and parts book.
- Providing design and product support for shared group products.
- Creating and recording technical documentation for each project relating to research, design and production.
- Fit for purpose concepts, prototypes and production design activities.
- Justifying the correct design balance between acceptable functionality, quality and cost.
- Utilising Solidworks to prepare 3D engineers drawings. (Other 3D CAD software will be considered as long as candidates wish to learn SolidWorks).
- Providing detailed design technical specifications arising from the project brief.
- The design of complete products and also be required to work as part of a team on sub systems or individual components.
The successful candidate MUST have a Degree, HNC, HND or Time Served Apprenticeship within Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or affiliated and be familiar with mechanical design calculations, materials assessment and kinematics along with a creative approach and fantastic communication skills.
Any experience in the design of hydraulic or electrical systems would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
Candidates must have past commercial work experience designing equipment or mechanical systems using 3D CAD Software such as SolidWorks, Catia or Solid Edge to name a few.Apply