Job Ref: 118-3408
Location: Based anywhere in the UK (must be willing to travel)
£43K – £45K Basic + 10% Bonus + Travel Expenses (Fuel / Flights) + 10% Pension (after 1 years’ service) + 4 x Life Insurance + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
Fantastic training and induction program
My client is a rapidly growing, market leading manufacturer of Scientific / Laboratory equipment and are recognised globally for their quality and expertise. This coupled with a highly skilled and competent team have contributed significantly to their continued success within the sector.
This opening would be well suited to somebody looking for a stimulating, innovative company that will provide you with a technically challenging environment to engage and motivate you.
The position will require the successful candidate to provide excellent customer service to both UK and European customers.
Duties will include:
- Installing, calibrating, servicing and maintaining a range of high value complex scientific machinery and laboratory equipment. (value £40K to £400K)
- Supporting customers remotely and face to face.
- Spending time working from a home office or on client sites within the UK or Europe.
- Providing guidance, coaching and support to a small team of engineers.
- Management and allocation of workload, ensuring an effective and efficient response to customer problems.
- Providing preventative and reactive maintenance, fault finding and troubleshooting.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise on my client’s range of equipment.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
- Analysing maintenance reports to establish any trends that can be investigated to support improvements in product development and design.
On most occasions travel to customer site can be done within the day, however there will be a requirement for nights away from home on more complex issues or sites further afield (this could potentially be up to 5-8 nights away per month).
The successful candidate must have experience in a Field Service role working on scientific / lab equipment, ideally chemistry based systems.
A technical education including an HNC/HND or Degree within a related discipline would be beneficial but not essential.
Although past leadership experience isn’t essential, it is key that somebody is an experienced engineer and ready to take on additional responsibility.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Full UK driving Licence.
- Willingness to learn.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Field Service Engineer, Lead Engineer, Charge Hand, Chargehand, Service Engineering, Remote Support, Remote Service Engineer, Mobile Service Engineer, International Service Engineer, Customer Service Engineer, Global Service Engineer, Fault Find, Fault Finding, Installation, Calibration, Servicing, Commissioning, Laboratory Equipment, Scientific Equipment, Chemistry Equipment, Chemical Equipment, Lab Automation, Liquid Handling, Laboratory AutomationApply