Job Ref: 122-7525
£60K – £65K Basic + Pension + Bonus + Flexible hours + Hybrid working options + 28 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a well-established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a hugely successful, growing business who have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Building Structures and Water.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins and repeat business. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is a key appointment which is integral for the business to continue to achieve their revenue targets in the future. You will be responsible for managing a team of 7 Multi-disciplinary Engineers and Technicians, delivering a variety of highways, drainage and structural schemes within the industrial, utilities and housing sectors.
You will be responsible for growing the current client base, increasing the average project value and ultimately increasing annual sales for the department.
You will also be required to attend 2 regional offices in Manchester and North Wales, one of which will become your base with a mix of remote working.
Other duties will include:
- Deliver a variety of civil & structural engineering projects across the Northwest of England and North Wales
- Lead a team of multi-disciplinary engineers and technicians
- To be the commercial lead for infrastructure bids and tenders (including frameworks)
- In line with Company strategy, develop and grow the team, turnover and margins
- Manage projects in accordance with company policy & procedures, including input to all project management systems
- Increase revenue through winning new clients, new projects, bids, tenders and to successfully have the business signed up to appropriate frameworks, as well as securing repeat business from current clients
- Recruit, induct and mentor new staff
- Produce safe and compliant designs to client scope and timescale in accordance with current industry and group standards
- Produce technical reports and design outputs to meet client requirements
- Manage day-to-day requirements for all areas of project delivery, including technical, safety and financial aspects
- Act as Design lead for all infrastructure projects within the infrastructure team
- Deliver all aspects of project work in accordance with client remit and company requirements on time, in full and on budget.
- Manage own CPD and Development Action Plan with support from the senior management team
- Represent the company at meetings with clients, contractors, design teams etc
The successful candidate will be a commercially minded Chartered Engineer who has a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering. You will have demonstrable business development and project lead experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior role, ideally within an infrastructure team
- Chartered with ICE or IStructE
- Proven experience in managing technical, financial and contractual aspects of projects
- Proven technical knowledge and experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes
- Experience in using software such as TEDDS, Robot, CADS or Superstress
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator with a client facing approach
- Familiar with UK industry rail procedures and Eurocodes
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence and own transport
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Rail, Infrastructure, Housing, Industrial, Business Development, Tenders, Bids, Commercial, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Bridges, Site Surveys, Inspections, Surveys, Inspections, Tedds, Superstress, Stations, Drainage, EarthworksApply