Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
£20K – £21K Basic + Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Shift Pattern: Alternating pattern of earlies (6:30am – 2pm), days (8:30am – 5pm) & lates (2pm – 9:30pm) Monday – Friday
Our client is a well-established contract manufacturing organisation based in Northampton, and is a market leader with an incredibly high level of expertise in their area. Due to an internal promotion, this organisation is now looking to add a Quality Control Technician to their team, a great role suitable for somebody looking to gain experience with a wide range of analytical techniques.
This company is very fast-moving and pride themselves on the investment and training that they give to their employees. They pride themselves on innovation and are constantly investing into new technologies, so a very exciting business to be a part of!
As a Quality Control Technician at their Northampton site, you will be responsible for:
- Performing quality control testing of a wide range of samples
- Using a wide range of testing techniques including GC, RI, density, amongst other physical techniques including odour analysis
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintaining consumables and analytical supplies in the laboratory
- Calibrating analytical equipment in the laboratory
- Completing analytical reports and other subsequent documentation
- Communicating with other departments including Manufacturing.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a related discipline and have gained experience in analytical techniques throughout their education.
Experience in an industrial chemistry laboratory would be highly desirable, but not essential.
You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time / projects and possess the flexibility to adapt to changes quickly and efficiently.
Also, due to the shift pattern, you must have your own transport or live within walking distance of their site in Northampton.
Keywords: GC, Gas Chromatography, Density Testing, RI, Refractive Index, Titrations, QC, Quality Control, SOPs, Chemistry Graduate, Lab Tech, Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, QC Tech, QC Technician, Quality Control Technician.Apply