Location: Taunton, Somerset
Shift Pattern: Alternate weeks of 6am – 2pm & 2pm – 10pm (Mon – Fri)
Our client is a well-established contract manufacturing organisation based in Taunton, and is a market leader with an incredibly high level of expertise in their area. Due to an increase in projects, this organisation are now looking to add a Laboratory Technician to their team, a great role suitable for somebody looking to gain experience with a wide range of analytical instrumentation.
Accredited to ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO13485, this company is very fast-moving and offers genuine progression opportunities. They pride themselves on innovation and are constantly investing into new technologies, so a very exciting business to be a part of!
As a Laboratory Technician at their Taunton site, you will be responsible for:
- Performing quality control testing of raw materials, bulk batches and finished products
- Using a wide range of analytical instrumentation including FT-IR, GC, HPLC & Karl Fischer
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintaining consumables and analytical supplies in the laboratory
- Calibrating analytical equipment in the laboratory
- Completing analytical reports and other subsequent documentation
- Communicating with other departments including Manufacturing.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a related discipline and have gained experience in analytical techniques throughout their education.
Experience working in an ISO9001 regulated laboratory would be highly desirable, but not essential.
You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time / projects and possess the flexibility to adapt to changes quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: HPLC, GC, FTIR, FT-IR, Karl Fischer, Titrations, ISO9001, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, QC Chemist, SOPs, Chemistry Graduate, Lab Tech, Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst.