Location: Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
£26K Basic + Holidays + Pension
Our client is a well-established specialist pharmaceutical organisation based in Merthyr Tydfil, and has become the market leader with an incredibly high level of expertise in their area. This organisation is now looking to recruit a Laboratory Supervisor, a great step up for a Senior Pharmaceutical Analyst looking to move away from hands-on analysis and into a more strategic role.
This company genuinely pride themselves on internal progression opportunities, which has been proven as several of their senior staff actually started in the company as Lab Technicians and have progressed all the way up to senior management level!
As a Laboratory Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the analytical laboratory operation, improving efficiencies and streamlining processes
- Providing guidance and ongoing support to Analysts
- Maintaining equipment in the laboratory to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Being the point of contact in the lab for any technical, process or equipment issues
- Creating new and reviewing existing SOPs
- Maintenance and calibration of various analytical equipment in the laboratory
- Undergoing method development and validation of HPLC and other analytical methods.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience as an Analyst in a cGMP environment.
You must be able to demonstrate competency both in the day to day use and troubleshooting of HPLC, but also developing and validating methods for HPLC analysis.
You must be able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels from Lab Technicians to senior management and be approachable for Analysts to be able to bring any issues to you.
Keywords: Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Analytical, Analytical Chemistry, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, HPLC, Method Development, Method Validation, SOPs, Standard Operating Procedures, GMP, cGMP, Laboratory Supervisor, Senior Analyst.Apply