Location: Derby, Derbyshire
£40K – £45K Basic + Pension + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (Increasing with length of service)
Our client is a well-established GMP regulated pharmaceutical contract manufacturing organisation based in Derby, and is a market leader with an incredibly high level of expertise in manufacturing niche pharmaceutical products. This organisation is now looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager, a great role suitable for somebody with experience managing a pharmaceutical laboratory to progress their career with the opportunity to potentially develop into a Head of Quality long term!
The business is going through an exciting period of change and the Laboratory Manager will get a real input into the direction of this change, whilst also gaining exposure and experience with the commercial aspects of how a pharmaceutical company operates.
As a Laboratory Manager at their Derby site, you will be responsible for:
- Managing approx.18 staff across the Analytical Chemistry laboratory, with 5-6 direct reports
- Running the laboratory, ensuring production and stability testing are completed in line with schedules
- Delivering training and providing ongoing development to the team
- Performing equipment and method validation for a wide range of analytical instrumentation including HPLC, UV, AA and FT-IR
- Supporting the method development team
- Contributing to and managing streamlining of processes
- Investigating non-conformances and implementing remedial actions
- Constantly looking to enhance skills of the team in the laboratory
- Ensuring the laboratories are providing exceptional levels of service to customers
- Controlling the release of raw materials
To be considered for this role, candidates will have experience managing a team in a Chemistry laboratory in a pharmaceutical or other cGMP regulated environment, with the flexibility to adapt to changes of priorities quickly and efficiently.
You will possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to staff at all levels including stakeholders. You will be a quality specialist, experienced in motivating and influencing your team to adhere to the same exceptionally high levels of quality.
You will be degree level qualified (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a closely related discipline and be highly competent in the use of a range of analytical techniques including HPLC, FTIR, UV and Karl Fisher; as well as extensive method development experience.
Keywords: HPLC, FTIR, FT-IR, Karl Fischer, Titrations, cGMP, GMP, QC, Quality Control, Laboratory Manager, Lab Manager, QC Manager, Quality Control Manager, Quality, Method Development, Method Validation, Equipment Validation, IQ, OQ, PQ, OOS, OOT.Apply