Location: Taunton, Somerset
£30K – £35K Basic + Pension + Private Healthcare + 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Our client is a well-established contract manufacturing organisation based in Taunton, and is a market leader with an incredibly high level of expertise in their area. This FMCG organisation is now looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager, a great role suitable for somebody with experience in an FMCG environment looking to really develop their skillset.
Accredited to ISO9001, ISO17025 and ISO13485, this company is very fast-moving and offers genuine progression opportunities. They pride themselves on innovation and are constantly investing into new technologies, so a very exciting business to be a part of!
As a Laboratory Manager at their Taunton site, you will be responsible for:
- Managing approx.15 staff across 2 laboratories (Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology)
- Organising shift rotas and carrying out appraisals and reviews for the team
- Delivering training and providing ongoing development to the team
- Performing equipment and method validation for a wide range of analytical instrumentation including GC, HPLC, UV and FT-IR
- Supporting validations in the manufacturing plant (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Liaising with manufacturing and troubleshooting any manufacturing issues
- Investigating non-conformances and implementing remedial actions
- Constantly looking to evolve the Quality culture within the site
- Ensuring the laboratories are providing exceptional levels of service to customers
- Being the point of contact for both internal and external audits
- When needed, performing analysis of samples and products using GC, HPLC, FTIR, UV etc
To be considered for this role, candidates will have experience managing a team in a Chemistry laboratory in a FMCG environment, with the flexibility to adapt to changes of priorities quickly and efficiently.
You will possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to staff at all levels including stakeholders. You will be a quality specialist, experienced in motivating and influencing your team to adhere to the same exceptionally high levels of quality.
You will be degree level qualified (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a closely related discipline and be highly competent in the use of a range of analytical techniques including GC, HPLC, FTIR, UV and Karl Fisher; as well as extensive method development experience.
Keywords: HPLC, GC, FTIR, FT-IR, Karl Fischer, Titrations, ISO9001, QC, Quality Control, Laboratory Manager, Lab Manager, QC Manager, Quality Control Manager, Quality, Method Development, Method Validation, Equipment Validation, IQ, OQ, PQ, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods.Apply