Job Ref: 123-6541
My client is a market leading manufacturer who supply their products and technology into a variety of businesses across the globe.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients in a variety of industries.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
You will report into the Global IT Manager and work alongside intelligent Engineers in a collaborative environment providing frontline support for an extremely busy, global manufacturing business who rely heavily on their IT systems.
The role will involve weekly (one day per week) travel to different sites in the Cumbria area, for which a pool car is supplied if you don’t own a vehicle.
Other duties will include:
- Provide hands on, frontline support for numerous offices across the business
- Complete full IT system installations, updates and upgrades. Typically, PC’s/Laptops, printers, mobile devices, Anti-Virus and wireless connections
- Troubleshoot issues and technical faults, complete repairs when required
- Deal with server-based issues, training for which will be provided
- Help complete IT desk and office moves when required
- Complete daily schedule to ensure systems are running smoothly and remain secure
- Maintain IT support documentation
- Manage software licensing
The successful candidate will have a technical mind and be experienced in working with Windows systems. You will be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- IT related qualification
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Minimum 6 months experience in similar role
- Understanding of Windows servers (desirable)
- Knowledge of Active Directory, back up systems and Hyper V environments
- A full, clean driving licence and willingness to travel between sites weekly
- Understanding of PC hardware set up
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
Keywords: IT, Information Technology Support, IT Support, Support, Information Technology, Windows, TCP, IP, Hyper V, Active Directory, Exchange, Server, Hardware, Software, Microsoft, PC, Anti-Virus, Backups, Asset Management