Location: Ideally based in Yorkshire, North West or Midlands (but open to other areas)
£45K – £60K Basic + 30% OTE Bonus (Uncapped) + £5K Car Allowance + 6% Pension + 4 x Life Assurance + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Benefits
We are currently partnering exclusively with an incredibly successful speciality chemicals company who pride themselves on continuous innovation. They have a very broad range of value adding products in their portfolio, and are anticipating significant growth of a specific range, over 20% year on year growth to be precise!
A multi-million pound turnover business who substantially reinvest back into their R&D facilities in line with their ethos to keep innovating, are now looking to recruit a Technical Sales Manager to focus on selling the aforementioned range and really drive this area of the business forward.
As a Technical / International Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:-
- Operating from a home office with regular travel (30-50%) to Asia, USA and Europe
- Travelling to distributors sites to develop and nurture existing relationships
- Utilising local distributor support and knowledge to develop new direct business with large chemical manufacturers
- Taking responsibility for the specific product range, identifying and targeting opportunities for sales
- Ensuring the sales budget is achieved
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Directors, Technical Managers, Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from the customer base.
- Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities.
- Providing technical product-specific training and support to distributors.
The successful Technical / International Sales Manager will possess past experience selling chemicals to manufacturers and/or distributors and will be confident in engaging with customers at a multitude of levels.
Due to the technical nature of the role, a Chemical degree (or equivalent) is essential as is an understanding of a variety of chemicals and their related properties.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Fluency in a second language would be advantageous but not essential
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Able to operate autonomously
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel globally
Keywords: European Sales, Global Sales, Chemicals, Technical Sales, Export Sales, International Sales, Sales Manager, Business Development, Account Management, Distribution Sales, Distributor Sales, Chemical Supplier, Speciality Chemicals, Chemistry.Apply