Location: Ideally based in Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, North London or Surrounding – Opportunity for remote working
My client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacture of specialist scientific equipment used extensively within R&D and Academia. Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification systems that meet the demands of industry.
In line with their strategic growth plans, they now wish to recruit an Internal Sales Specialist / Business Development Manager to develop both new and existing relationships within the UK and Europe.
Operating in a remote/office based role, you will split your time equally between new equipment sales and service sales.
Scientific equipment sales (50%):
- Utilising SAP to manage customer data and call backs.
- Following up and qualifying leads generated by the Marketing team.
- Utilising LinkedIn to research and identify potential new leads.
- Making a structured approach to the relevant decision makers.
- Working in collaboration with the external sales team to discuss an action plan and brief them on any qualified leads.
- Occasionally conducting client visits alongside the external sales team.
- Working towards lead generation (qualified) objectives.
- Liaising with potential customers to investigate and understand their current challenges, application needs, current equipment and long term purchase plans.
- Ensuring the right types of clients are targeted, with the right message.
- Opening new lines of communication, conducting initial investigation and data gathering.
Service sales (50%):
- Selling aftersales services, including user training, equipment upgrades, service / maintenance contracts and engineer’s visits.
- Introducing the different service packages and levels of support; upselling where possible.
- Liaising with Lab Managers, R&D Managers, QC Managers and Principle Technicians.
- Utilising the CRM to contact customer’s whose equipment warranties are due to expire. (over 500 existing EU customers).
- Handling customer issues and supporting them to resolution.
- Contributing towards service contract revenue targets.
To be considered for this Technical Sales opening, the successful candidate MUST possess a minimum of 2-3 years proven success within a B2B sales role within a Scientific manufacturers, distributor or service provider.
Past experience dealing with academia or research institutions would be highly beneficial, as would a technical / scientific education.
Other key skills include:
- A methodical approach to lead generation.
- Comfortable using LinkedIn as a sales tool.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident negotiator and relationship developer.
- Resilient and dynamic approach to sales.
- A well organised, structured approach to each day.
- Able to demonstrate target achievement.
Keywords: Internal Sales, Inside Sales, Sales Specialist, Aftersales, After-sales, Service Sales, Account Manager, Account Management, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Business Development Manager, Life Science, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Post-sales Support, Post Sales, B2B Sales, International Sales, European Sales, Sales Manager, Export Sales, Lead Generation.