Are you a highly motivated Sales Engineer with a background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and a passion for manufacturing?
This specialist manufacturer is searching for a talented individual who is keen to learn and progress a career in their sector.
Why This Company?
This world leading supplier of high specification engineering technology has a great reputation in the field and work with some of the UK’s biggest companies across a diverse range of markets including automotive, medical and FMCG.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for a company that train and develop from within and provide fantastic opportunities for career progression.
Rewards & Benefits
- £30K – £37K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Annual Bonus (Typically £5-6K)
- Use of a pool car for any required travel
- Travel expense paid
- Enhanced pension
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
About The Role
As an Internal Sales Engineer you will be office-based reporting into the Sales Manager. You will be responsible for selling an array of technical products and providing quotations and pricing for customers. There will also be an opportunity to visit local customers on occasions. This role is 70% new business development and 30% account management.
After the completion of your induction and product training you will be responsible for:
- Handling of customer technical and commercial enquires
- Proactively hunt for new business with new clients through cold calling and emailing
- Sell solutions to customers providing technical advice
- Develop and manage your own customer base
- Handling RFQ’s (request for quotation) via phone & email
- Reviewing customer requirements and advising on potential solutions
- Preparing quotations and proposals
- Securing and completing orders
- Developing relationships with existing clients
- Liaising with company engineering team and external suppliers
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM
It is essential you possess Mechanical or Electrical Engineering knowledge, be it from a university degree or from a similar role. Engineering or related technical qualifications would be an advantage, but not essential.
To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious individual with great communication skills and the ability to retain technical information. Due to the nature of the role, it also essential you have strong attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work.
Other key skills include:
- Experience in a Technical Sales role, ideally within Manufacturing or Engineering
- Internal or External sales experience and comfortable in an applications-based Sales role
- Proven ability to hunt and secure new business
- Technical knowledge with the ability to learn and retain information
- Experience in selling to a variety of people including Project Engineers, Design Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM
- Experienced working as part of a team & on own initiative
- The ability to build & maintain trusting relationships
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 128-4747
Internal Sales Engineer
Location: Horsham / Southwater / Billingshurst
Keywords; Internal Sales, Internal Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Technical Sales Engineer, Tender Engineer, Quotations Engineer, Proposal Engineer, Bid Engineer, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, Automation, Medical, Industrial, Applications, Business Development, Inside Sales, OEM, Engineering, ManufacturingApply