Are you a talented sales engineer who enjoys supporting customers with their application challenges?
Ready to move away from an intense, high-pressure sales environment to a business that has a more consultative longer-term view?
Why This Company?
My client is a global leader in the design, development, and production of mechanical components relied upon in some of the world’s most demanding applications.
They have secured some fascinating projects in the medical, metrology, life science and industrial sectors, with some of their most recognisable wins within space exploration.
They now seek a Sales Engineer (based in Northampton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area) to nurture existing UK customer relationships and follow up on new prospect leads.
Rewards & Benefits
- £32K – £38K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Bonus/Commission (OTE £40K)
- 5% Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Income Protection Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
- WFH (initially office based with future scope to move to 2 days from home)
About The Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operating within a diverse range of industries with a focus on academia.
- Working on customer projects with a typical gestation period from 3 to 18 months.
- Due to funding, some academic projects can take 2 years plus.
- Gaining input and support from the local UK technical team and also the overseas specialist solutions team.
- Managing a portfolio of smaller customers and also new prospective customers.
- Identifying, processing and qualifying incoming leads (approx. 30 per week) from both new and existing customers.
- Passing larger potential repeat business projects to the external sales team.
- Forging solid relationships with key decision-makers, including Professors, Engineering Managers, Project Engineers, and Design Engineers.
- Understanding customer project needs and providing guidance and input on the best-proposed solution.
- Handling both technical and commercial inquiries from your customer base.
- Maintaining, updating, and administering the CRM database.
My client would encourage the opportunity to spend some time in the field with the external sales engineers, allowing you to build your client-facing skills and also your understanding of customer applications.
My client is open to an Internal Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Account Manager, Applications Engineer or Product Specialist from within the mechanical engineering or Scientific equipment industry. Any experience within motion control, automation or laser-based technology would be highly beneficial, as would past experience operating within the academia sector.
An HNC, HND, or Degree in Mechanical Engineering would be highly advantageous, but not essential should you possess experience within a technical industry.
Other key skills include:
- Self-motivation and comfortable with longer sales cycles associated with project-based selling.
- Methodical, structured and process driven.
- Able to operate autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to maintain an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 138-1416
Internal Sales Engineer / Applications Engineer
Location: Ideally based in Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire or surrounding
Keywords: Internal Sales Engineer, Account Manager, Account Management, Technical Sales, Mechanical Engineering, Engineered Products, Engineered Components, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Automation, Motion Control, Design In, Project Sales, Solution Sales, Product Specialist, Application Engineer, Applications EngineerApply