Location: Kendal, Cumbria
£35K – £45K Basic + Pension + Remote working + Holidays + Flexible working + Company bonus (based on company performance) + Potential to go permanent + Benefits
My client is a market leading provider of electrical engineering technology used across a diverse range of commercial and industrial facilities.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply. This is a great opportunity for a senior advisor to take the next step in their career and obtain some solid management experience.
This position sits within the HR team, where you will be involved in a variety of project-based work, along with the day-to-day frontline HR support in a business with over 1200 employees. This is a minimum of 12 months fixed term but due to workload and growth plans, there is a real possibility of this role being made permanent for the right individual.
Other duties will include: –
- Manage a team of 4 HR and payroll staff, helping to aid in their development
- Experienced in dealing with, and managing employee relations across numerous departments
- Assist in the recruitment of Management level roles, manage the process from start to finish
- Liaise with relevant department to help create and deliver required training, actively train and coach managers in certain key areas such as interview techniques and creating and delivering appraisals
- Assist and lead project-based work such as appraisals, immigration regulations and improving current procedures and processes
- Work closely with legal advisors and lawyers where necessary
- Assist in documentation, updating and adapting employee handbooks and policies
- Mange the payroll function, check and sign off once processed
- Travel to other sites across the Northwest of the UK, typically twice a month
The successful candidate will have ideally worked in a nonunionised Manufacturing or Engineering environment. You will be passionate, innovative and forthcoming in offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a HR Management role
- Ideally hold CIPD Level 5 qualification, although not essential
- Experience in European employment law would be highly advantageous
- Strong ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Experienced in managing people and projects
- Experience in managing and/or processing payroll
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Manufacturing, Engineering, HR, Human Resources, ER, Employee Relations, Employment Law, European Employment Law, Payroll, CIPD, CIPD level 5, HR Manager, HR Management, Production, HR Analytics, Training, L&D, Comp & Ben, HR Support, Recruitment,