Do you have a passion for HR and enjoy a well-balanced role allowing you to get involved with a variety of HR duties and tasks?
Recognised for their investment in staff development and now seeking an additional member to join their HR team in Kendal.
Why This Company?
My client is a market-leading and financially secure operation with a presence in over 30 countries across the globe.
With a real drive to develop internal talent, they have become recognised for their training, development and career advancement prospects.
With a friendly and sociable team, they have developed a fantastic culture of support and collaboration, which has led to industry-leading staff retention rates.
About The Role
This position sits within the HR team, reporting to the HR Manager. It is a generalist role where you will be involved in a variety of project-based work, along with the day-to-day frontline HR support in a business with over 1,200 employees.
Other duties will include:
- Supporting and coaching the leadership team with employee challenges to ensure the best outcome.
- Assisting managers with the recruitment process, from advertising roles and interviewing candidates to issuing contract paperwork.
- Planning and delivering inductions as necessary.
- Developing the staff benefits package.
- Managing employee records and systems.
- Absence management, including return to work interviews.
- Conducting investigations and disciplinaries with the management team.
- Maintain new starter, leaver, salary and ad-hoc changes on the HR database and other business systems.
- Conduct exit interviews with all leavers and ensure that all leaver paperwork is complete.
The successful candidate will ideally have 1-2 years’ experience working within a busy HR function; however, my client is willing to consider candidates outside of this should they possess managerial experience and be familiar with dealing with HR issues amongst their own team.
A CIPD Level 3 or above qualification would be highly advantageous but not essential.
Other key skills include:
- Strong ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Well-organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 131-4171
HR Advisor / HR Officer
Location: Kendal, Cumbria (3 days per week from the office, 2 days from home)
Keywords: HR, Human Resources, ER, Employee Relations, Employment Law, CIPD, HR Advisor, Hr Advice, HR Assistant, HR Officer, HR Executive, HR Exec, HR Administration, HR Administrator, HR Admin, HR Analytics, L&D, Learning & Development, Comps & Bens, HR Support, Recruitment