Location: Commutable areas to my client’s office include, Worcester, Redditch, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Alcester, Evesham, Tewkesbury, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Stratford-upon-Avon, Cheltenham and surrounding
£23K – £30K Basic + Pension + Benefits (Salary dependent on experience)
With solid engineering expertise and advanced manufacturing facilities, my client has become a market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist equipment to the UK and International market.
As a Design Engineer you will operate within a team of 5 staff and report to the Design Manager.
With the support and guidance of the Design Manager you will be responsible for:-
- Providing and supporting cost effective and fit for purpose product designs that meet customer requirements. (25% designing new products/equipment and 75% modifying existing).
- Bill Of Materials maintenance.
- Operator instruction manual and parts book content.
- Justifying the correct design balance between acceptable functionality, quality and cost.
- Providing detailed designs specifications arising from the project brief.
- The design of whole products, sub systems and individual components.
The successful candidate MUST have a Degree within Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or affiliated and be familiar with structural and mechanical design hand calculations, materials assessment and kinematics along with a creative approach and fantastic communication skills.
My client are willing to consider fresh graduates with no commercial experience, however it would be beneficial if you have gained experience using 3D CAD Software (AutoCad, Catia, SolidWorks, Solid Edge etc.) and Finite element analysis software such as CosmosWorks.