Job Ref: 115-3114
Location: Wigan, Lancashire
For over 35 years my client has offered bespoke products to companies across the UK. They have grown to become a market leading provider of membrane, drainage and ducting solutions used across a diverse range of construction and engineering projects.
This is an award-winning business who are recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and manufacture, they have become a key provider to clients across the UK.
If you are looking to work for a well-established, award winning organisation who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within a small team reporting directly into the Managing Director. You will work closely with the Production and Sales teams offering technical input and support. You will actively develop products and designs to support and improve the product range and service offered to customers.
Other duties will include:
- Use of AutoCAD software to create and amend production drawings
- Take control in resolving technical queries for customers, sales and production teams
- Apply Engineering knowledge to solve problems
- Liaise with customers and provide technical support on the phone or on customer sites
- Design and innovate new solutions and products
- Action customer enquires answering questions, creating specifications and creating or amending drawings
- Work with accredited bodies ahead of audits
- Complete admin tasks for engineering systems
- Take the lead on design documentation and technical data filing
- Liaise with production to ensure designs are manufactured to correct brief and standards
The successful candidate will have a passion for Civil or Product Design and be innovative offering solutions and ideas. You will be technically minded and proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
Other key skills include:
- Proficient user of AutoCAD 2D software
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering
- Experience of working on drainage / water projects (desirable)
- Posses a creative and technical mindset
- Be innovative, proactively seek to improve products with new technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent IT knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on numerous projects at one time
Keywords: Civil, Civil Design, Civil Engineering, Rail, Drainage, Water, Waste Water, AutoCAD, 2D, Product Design, Design, Technical, Innovation, CAD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Autodesk, Technical Support, Meng, BEng