Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
£24 – £27K + Share Incentive Scheme + Life Assurance + 24 Days Holiday
Our client is a well-established environmental testing business based in Hitchin. This ISO17025 accredited organisation are now looking to add a GC-MS Analyst to their team, a great role for somebody keen to utilise their knowledge with GC-MS in a business where career progression is genuinely encouraged.
This global company have a real focus on staff development with the implementation of career development plans, striving to ensure that you reach your full potential. Due to the business having an established presence across a wide range of sectors, this role is incredibly varied and would give you exposure to a myriad of analytical methods.
As a GC-MS Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Performing testing of a wide range of samples using predominantly GC-MS
- Using other analytical instrumentation including GC-FID, GC-QQQ, UV-Vis and IR
- Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
- Troubleshooting existing methods to find optimum parameters for analysis
- Changing columns or troubleshooting the instrumentation to clear blockages etc
- Investigating and rectifying any QC failures
- Writing analytical reports and other subsequent documentation.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience with GC-MS.
You will need to have experience in developing methods for analysis, as well as the confidence to troubleshoot any issues with the instrumentation.
You must be organised to manage multiple projects, with the desire and motivation to take your analytical chemistry career to that next level.
Keywords: GC, Gas Chromatography, GC-MS, GC-FID, ISO17025, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting.Apply