Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
£22K – £30K Basic + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + External Training Courses
Our client is a well-established specialist pharmaceutical manufacturing business based in Stevenage. This GMP accredited organisation are now looking to add a Formulation Chemist to their team, a fantastic role enabling someone to gain experience developing a wide range of pharmaceutical products.
With a broad product range that is only continuing to expand, you would be joining the business at an exciting time with various projects ongoing including upgrading to Chromeleon software and a new LIMS system!
As a Formulation Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulating a variety of pharmaceutical products including liquids, creams and gels
- Reformulating existing products
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, from receiving the brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Contacting suppliers to procure raw materials
- Ensuring that strict cGMP compliance is adhered to in the laboratory
- Completing batch manufacturing records and other subsequent documentation.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience developing a range of cosmetic and/or pharmaceutical products in industry.
You will have a great understanding of different types of liquids, cream and gel products and be confident formulating all of these.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and be comfortable communicating with all colleagues at all levels.
Keywords: Liquids, Creams, Gels, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Skincare, Hair Care, Skin Care, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up.Apply