Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£22K – £26K Basic + 21 Days Holiday + Free Parking + Perks
Our client is a well-established specialist chemical manufacturing business based in Manchester. This ISO9001 accredited organisation are now looking to add a Formulation Chemist to their team, a great role for somebody keen to really progress and develop their career.
Manufacturing a variety of products that are used by millions of people worldwide, this very successful business is recruiting a Formulation Chemist to develop current product ranges as well as being continually innovative by researching new trends in the market.
As a Formulation Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of products
- Carrying out stability testing
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, from taking the customer brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Contacting suppliers to procure raw materials
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Liaising with multiple departments in the company including Production, Marketing, Sales etc
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience as a Development Chemist.
Experience formulating liquids or creams would be highly desirable, ideally in the personal care or cosmetic sectors but candidates from food & beverage, household, car care or the paint industries will also be considered.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and be comfortable communicating with all colleagues at all levels.
Keywords: Liquids, Creams, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Skincare, Hair Care, Skin Care, Household Cleaners, Soap, Car Shampoo, Car Care, Paint, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up.Apply