£40k – £60K Basic + 5% Pension + Benefits (Package dependent on experience)
We are currently working in close partnership with a dynamic SME who are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to contribute to their development.
You will be joining a harmonious team within a rapidly growing, forward thinking company.
This role will hold a key position within the senior management team with the unmissable view to progress to Financial Director within 12 months.
My client is a market leader in their respected industry and have substantial plans for future expansion.
As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for: –
- Managing a team of 3-4 staff across credit control, customer service and finance administration
- Creating and maintaining financial and management accounts
- Ensuring compliance with administrative and financial regulations
- Liaising with external accountants for tax planning
- Controlling cash exposure and debtor books
- Gathering and providing the Directors with specific financial information to support and aid business decisions
- Providing system improvement advice to support the drive towards a more automated finance process
- Providing input and advice on ways to improve company financial performance
- Generating, reviewing and challenging (if needed) weekly reports for the senior management team
- Co-ordinating and producing the annual budget and providing regular updates
- Ensuring appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
As an integral part of the management team it is essential you have a strong character in order to challenge Directors.
To be considered, applicants must hold a degree in Accounting / Finance or alternatively possess a related qualification such as: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or affiliated.
It is essential all applicants have 2-4 years minimum experience as a Finance Manager within an S.M.E environment. This opening isn’t suited to candidates with a history in large corporate businesses.
Other key skills include:
- Solid grasp of MS Excel
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and motivate staff
- Proficiency in Sage accounting software will be beneficial
Keywords: Financial Accountant, Financial Advice, Financial Reports, Financial Information, Financial Planning, Finance Manager, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Financial Manager, Financial Director, Finance Director, Management Accounts, Accountancy, Accounting, Purchase Ledger, Financial Budgets, Degree, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, SageApply